Thursday, July 9, 2009

Reed and Jen and then...

Reed and I were thrilled when we woke up the other day to this...




He was in our backyard stealing some shade. Guess we'd better put those screens we bought in the openings in our wall now. This sucker was over 4 feet long and looks as though he's staring right at me in this picture. Reed discovered him (luckily, because he didn't have a rattle) and ran upstairs to share the joyous news with me. I threw some clothes on and hurried downstairs. Reed was a little upset that I just waltzed outside to find it with seemingly no caution at all. Especially because in other news...





I'm pregnant!! I figured it was okay to tell now because:

1. It's getting too hard to hide it and


2. People are probably wondering why I'm "letting myself go" and


3. I'm 4 and 1/2 months





So there ya go. I will finally breed. Watch out world!!!!!!


We'll find out on August 6th that it's definitely a boy...cuz that's what I want!

8 comments:

bethany said...

Wow! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you-though being pregnant during the summer is NO fun. Hooray!
Only a couple more weeks until you find out!!

Vanessa said...

That's wonderful- I mean the baby, not the snake!

Jenny said...

First off my kiddos liked the snake picture,
Second... YEAH!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! That is such wonderful news!

Lilianne said...

Jen! Congratulations, woman! That's such great news!!! Can't wait to hear more!

Christina Beach said...

Congrats Jen! I had no idea you look so tiny! We are so happy for you. I will have to tell Christian so he can be a little easier on you... I hope!:)

NewBini said...

You look really good, and no you don't look like you have let yourself go-there is a certain look to preggies. And I have to say little boys are the best...

Camille said...

All right--a BABY! I wanted a boy first too. Something about having an older brother works for me. Congratulations on the big announcement. Aren't you having a hard time waiting for Aug 6?

Eevi said...

yay! this is sooo excitig:)