Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Road Trip!

So, we're back from our very long, but beautiful trip across the country. We flew to West Virginia and met up with Reed's parents and nieces there. We stayed with a very nice couple (my mother-in-law's cousins) for several days. They had such a nice home and lived in a fabulous neighborhood. I was starting to look at real-estate ads. WV is so green and lush. I loved it! After our stay, we began our voyage across the US. We drove through 13 states and eventually ended up in California. We were supposed to end in Utah for the Seamons family reunion, but this ended up being cancelled due to a family member passing away. The family packed up and headed over to California for the funeral. The funeral was very nice and this woman was loved by all. I wish I could have met her. It gives the phrase "never too late" a completely different meaning. This trip allowed me and Reed to meet family we had never seen before, and we are glad to know them. Below are some of our pictures from the excursion. The rest can be found here.

An awesome waterfall just hangin' out by the side of the road. Much more tolerable than stupid, ugly cacti!

WV countryside.

Some of the family...Reed's mom's side.

The state capitol.

Here are some pictures for my mom's viewing pleasure...

Maybe it's a good thing I was born without a butt. These are of my pregnant glory at 5 1/2 months.

6 comments:

bethany said...

It was fun to talk to you! Glad you guys got home okay. I'm excited to hear about baby's gender!!

Angela said...

You look very cute!

Camille said...

Wow, there are places that are green--amazing! That's quite the road trip. You know you've got a good marriage if you can survive that much car time with someone. And yes, you look great pregnant!

lindseytamietti said...

your belly looks so so cute!

Gates Family said...

I wondered this last Sunday. Congrats!!! Well I've wondered longer than that, but... I was thinking more so now! Congrats!!! Can't wait to hear the gender!! :)

tucsons2hot said...

AWwwww your so dang cute!!!!