Friday, August 7, 2009

The Best Birthday Present Ever!!!

Yesterday I got to spend an entire 1/2 hour with my baby girl. What a great birthday present! That's right...we're having a GIRL!!! The doctor knew we wanted a boy, so she looked real hard for a penis, but to no avail. Oh well. That's just more incentive to try again. It's just going to be very hard to choose a name now. Reed and I had already agreed on a name we both liked for a boy. Now, we have to start all over. Reed doesn't like the name I want to choose for our girl...but who's doing all the work here? Oh, that'd be me. Who's gonna bring this baby into the world? Oh, that'd be me. So I think I'm entitled to have dibs on the name...right?? Maybe if I convince him to let me name this girl, I will let him name all the other kids whatever he wants. That shows you how much I like this name I chose. Anyway...back to my joyous 1/2 hour birthday present. I am simply amazed at not only nature and God's beautiful creations in action, but the technology we have now to see it happen. I saw just about everything you could see on a human...and she was perfect. Everything was developing normally and she just looked so perfect. She moves around a lot too. It was fun to see her mouth open and close and her arms and feet move right in front of me. It didn't really hit me just how amazing an experience that was until later that day at home. During the appointment, you are so focused on what the doctor is saying and what you are seeing, and then of course the big revealing of the gender. It's hard to really soak it all in and realize what you are priviliged to be seeing. But once I let it all in and was able to concentrate on it, it was the best feeling ever. My first baby. I am already in love with her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, a baby Girl!! I bet you are so excited and I want to know the name but will understand if you want to keep that hush hush for now. Congrats to both you and Reed - even though you ARE doing most of the work. ;)

bethany said...

How exciting for you!! Girls are so much more drama than boys-but fun to dress! :) Glad you were able to have such a great birthday!!
And I wanted all boys, so had mixed feelings when we found out Storey was a girl, but I wouldn't trade her for anything!

Cherise said...

congrats! you deserve such awesome news. It makes it a little easier to sit back and relax the rest of your pregnancy! Happy birthday!

Lainie said...

Happy Birthday!!! I am sooooo happy it is a girl! I never had my girl!! I am so happy I will have another niece to buy pretty things! I love you guys!!!

Gates Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! WOO HOO!!! That's so exciting. I always wanted a girl first, but... oh well. Lucky you. Girls are so much fun!! But, the can be full of drama. ;) Yeah, Congrats!!

Eevi said...

Congratulations! You will have so much fun with a little girl:)