Sunday, July 13, 2008

26 going on 80

I haven't blogged in a while, and since the blog is kinda like a journal for me (which I don't keep), I thought I would subdue my guilt and do my blogging duty. Reed and I have recently been feeling very outdoorsy (really due to the recent rain and cloudy days we've been getting) and have been hiking Sabino and Madera Canyon. I want all to know that I have faced and conquered my fears by hiking Madera as the last time I showed my face there, I fell on it...hard. I vowed never to return. However, I regained my wits and had a very successful trip, returning completely unscathed. Anyway...I just love the outdoors. Especially when it is cloudy. It just makes everything look much greener. I can accept the desert only under such circumstances.

On a much different note, and really the reason for my blog today, something that has been weighing on my mind...and my legs: Vericose/Spider veins. What!!! Last time I checked, I was in my mid 20s not Great Grandma-age. My mom doesn't have any and neither does my grandma. My legs are one my best features and now they are tainted. TAINTED! The hideous eye sores are faint mind you, but there nonetheless. I blame Reed...and my students...and the UofA. There...now I feel better.

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

don't worry, I have spider veins too. Just keep enjoying the ourdoors. It's funny that you enjoy the outdoors now that it's cloudy and rainy, whereas here we have to endure months of rain and clouds before we can enjoy our nature:)

bethany said...

I'm sure your veins aren't as noticeable as you think they are---I think everyone has little ones!!

bethany said...

When do you guys leave on your exciting trip?

Jen and Reed said...

We already left. We get back Wednesday the 23rd. Had and still having a great time. This is good for me to see different cultures and ways of living...very humbling. Can't wait to show everyone my pictures. Stay tuned...

bethany said...

I"m excited that you are back so we can see pictures!! I'm sure your trip was great!! Glad you are back safely!

TGS said...

OMG Jen!! I can see them from here!!! Oh wait, those are mine...I feel your pain, I tried to write them off as scars for the longest time. Ain't flyin' anymore.