Monday, December 14, 2009

Moving forward...

It has been over one week after my big moment and things are doing well. Anaya is the best thing that has ever happened to us. She is healthy and happy, except when she's hungry...she's so needy! I am happy to announce that her umbilical cord has fallen off and no longer reeks to high heaven. Holy cow...that thing smelled worse than her frequent poo explosions. Anyone else ever experience that magical smell?
Reed is even getting the hang of the whole Daddy thing. He's been so helpful. It's nice to have a support system when you're in the throws of postpartum gook (no depression, just gook...ya know what I mean).


I am healing nicely and can walk normally now for almost 15 minutes. Yes!!! I am almost down to my "beginning of my pregnancy" weight, too. But...will my ugly belly skin go away anytime soon? Oh, I hope so.

2 comments:

Gates Family said...

Congratulations!!! She's a cutie!! Good Luck!!

Camille said...

Doesn't it feel amazing to not be pregnant anymore! That girl is beautiful. Congratulations to you and Reed!